Zo Skin Health [By Obagi]
10% Vitamin C Self-Activating
Zo Skin Health [By Obagi] 10% Vitamin C Self-Activating provides a potent dose of vitamin C that brightens and redefines skin, promoting a more even skin tone and minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Helps remove surface discoloration
- Powerful antioxidants help defend against environmental triggers
- Helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Ascorbic acid (10%): Exfoliates skin surface pigmentation for a more even tone and brighter complexion
- Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate: Proven to help prevent appearance of new dark spots
- Tocopheryl acetate & coenzyme-Q10: Provides multiple antioxidant protection
- Squalane: Mimics our body’s own natural moisturizer factor for additional hydration
At ZO® Skin Health, they believe the only way to achieve skin health is through the power of science. With world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi as their legacy, ZO® Skin Health pushes the boundaries of medical-grade skincare. Combining our innovative approach, powerful technologies and product education, ZO® brings a new perspective to traditional skincare.
ZO® provides comprehensive solutions for creating and maintaining healthy skin for anyone regardless of age, ethnicity, unique skin condition or skin type. From correcting sun damage + pigmentation to preventing + protecting against future damage, ZO® has your skin health covered.
• Founder and medical director of ZO Skin Health, Inc.
• Author, Obagi Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation (1999) and The Art of Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation: The Science of Clinical Practice (2015)
For more than 35 years, Dr. Zein Obagi, Board-Certified Dermatologist, has pioneered advanced skincare solutions based on his philosophy of creating healthy skin as opposed to merely treating disease and damage. His visionary approach has earned him an international reputation as a leading authority on skin health and rejuvenation. He is ranked among the world’s top experts on chemical peels and is highly skilled in treating skin of color, often tackling the most difficult cases from around the world.
Inspired by the legacy + breakthrough contributions of Dr. Obagi, ZO® Skin Health continues to redefine and advance the science of skin health.
The innovation continues
Focusing on strengthening the patient-physician relationship by providing comprehensive protocols for both in office and beyond. Their continuum of offerings are suitable for any patient, and support our guiding belief that skin health should be backed by science, rather than by trends.
Their commitment also extends to protecting you from accessing expired or fraudulent products sold by unauthorized ZO® retailers. We lead the industry with our Anti-Diversion efforts. For this reason, ZO® Skin Health products are only available through our Physician Online Store and our ZO® Authorized Physicians.
As we age, our cell replacement rate slows down, causing the skin to become dull and dry. Collagen, the skins’ building blocks, is more easily broken down and is much more difficult to rebuild, which causes the skin to sag and creates more wrinkles.
How fast the skin ages is affected by different factors but the biggest causes are genetics, UV rays and environmental pollution. The latter ages the skin due to the addition of free radicals into your skin which attacks the cells and breaks them down.
PRODUCTS AND INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FOR
Mature skin needs extra moisture and, as with all skin types, daily protection to keep it healthy. Make sure to choose products that help the skin to repair damage as well as moisturise from within.
- Retinol is a well documented ingredient designed to help mature skin. It stimulates collagen production and smoothes out fine lines. A good complement to UV protection are antioxidants to help maintain the skins’ radiance. They protect the skin against free radicals and help to repair the cells in the skin.
- Products with AHA acids will help remove old skin cells, increase cell regeneration and have a smoothing effect.
- A rich night cream can also give your skin the extra moisture it needs.
- When treating mature skin it is important to use a high SPF against both UVA and UVB rays.
Make sure to also take into account which skin type you have. Mature skin requires extra care but can also need tailored treatment, for example if your skin is reactive.