Ictyane HD Emollient Cream
Ducray Ictyane Emollient Nutritive Cream is a rich moisturizer especially formulated for the daily care of dry to very dry skin types, including sensitive.
Deeply protective, this formula has been acclaimed for over 25 years, due to its unrivaled ability to create a protective film over the skin, helping it maintain optimal levels of moisture. 87% of clinical trial volunteers report the skin is noticeably more comfortable, and remains hydrated for up to 48 hours.Main Ingredients:
- Vaseline, an occlusive agent, creates a protective barrier between the skin and the environment, preventing further loss of moisture;
- Glycerin draws moisture from the air and binds it to the skin, keeping it moisturized and shielded from environmental sources of irritation.
How to use:
Apply Ducray Ictyane Anti-Dryness Body Cream to the entire body after the bath or shower, distributing the product with a light massage until it's fully absorbed. May be used on the face.
Albert Ducray was born in 1901, just as a new century was dawning.
As a young hairdresser making his way in Belle Époque Paris, Albert Ducray was quick to observe the damaging and dulling effects of soap powders when used as shampoos. Between 1929 and 1931 this dermatologist’s son created his own brand, Dr Ducray, and developed LIK Savon, a revolutionary range of single-dose shampoos adapted to different hair types.
Pierre Fabre : a key encounter
In 1969, Albert Ducray and Pierre Fabre, two men with a similar outlook on life and a shared ambition, met for the first time. Pierre Fabre Laboratories, already committed to cutting-edge hair care research, acquired Ducray.
This partnership gave the brand new momentum and further boosted its development.
The ongoing expansion led to the creation of the Extra-Gentle shampoo, presented at sales rep visits. As the first regular-use shampoo to respect the scalp’s balance, it has become a hair care classic and has stood the test of time.
From hair loss to sensitive skin, a comprehensive range of expert care products was then launched to include treatment of the most common hair disorders.
From Hair To Skin
In the 1980s, strengthened by medical professionals’ trust, Ducray took up a new challenge and developed Ictyane, which was to become a leader in dry skin care thanks to its revolutionary galenic composition. The brand continued its dermatological research and developed a range of targeted solutions to treat hair and skin disorders that can affect anyone. The 1990s saw another renowed range Keracnyl, who later to become one of the products most frequently prescribed by doctors for acne-prone skin***. By the 2000s, our products were being distributed right across the world. They are now available in more than 80 countries.
Surface dryness is when the skin is lacking in moisture, which is very common and any type of skin can have it from time to time. It is caused by multiple factors but is most often due to the lack of protective moisture, wrong choice of products, an extra cold climate or too much sun without the right protection. To tell if your skin is dry, press the tip of your nose in an upwards direction, or gently pinch the skin on your chin. If you see small fine lines straight away then you most likely have surface dryness. Your skin will also feel noticeably tight.
A common mistake especially among those suffering from oily skin or acne is to use products that overly dry out the skin. This then causes the skin to feel dry and tight as well as becoming shiny during the day. The moistureless outer layer creates a barrier which does not allow sebum to smear over the skin the way it normally does. The pores then become blocked which causes pimples which can then create the need for further drying products. Even white heads are common on surface dry skin because they are caused when old skin cells (keratin) build up and cause a blockage.
The dry surface needs to be removed in order for moisture to penetrate and nourish the skin.
- Exfoliate regularly with a product that removes old skin cells which in turn will aid in the absorption of nutrients and moisturising products.
Tip : Make sure to use an exfoliant that is suitable for your skin type. AHA acids suit most skin types because it dissolves the bonds between the skin cells and allows you to wash away the dry skin layer. This results in a more even, soft and clear skin surface. AHA acids can also improve the moisture levels in the skin.
- Apply a moisturising serum underneath your day or night cream to give a much needed boost deeper within the skin, and be sure to use a moisturising face mask every once in a while, preferably at night. Make sure to protect your skin against the cold and wind with a softening cream.
It is also important that your skincare routine is tailored to your skin type.
- Try a cleansing milk, which both moisturises and softens without interfering with the skins’ own pH balance. Even greasy skin, shiny skin and acne prone skin can also become dry on the surface and require moisture. A good alternative when you do not want to use a heavy cream is to use a light gel cream and complement it with a moisturising serum underneath.