Zo Skin Health [By Obagi]
Zo Skin Health [By Obagi] Sulfure Mask is a natural, clay-based masque that purifies pores and absorbs excess oil that can lead to future breakouts, while hydrating the skin to combat dryness.
- Absorbs surface oils.
- Helps clear out clogged pores.
- Can be used as a spot treatment on blemishes.
- Sulfur: Treats and prevents acne; reduces sebum and calms irritation.
- Glycerin: Replenishes hydration to restore skin barrier function.
- Kaolin and bentonite: Absorb surface oils and removes debris to help keep pores clear.
At ZO® Skin Health, they believe the only way to achieve skin health is through the power of science. With world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi as their legacy, ZO® Skin Health pushes the boundaries of medical-grade skincare. Combining our innovative approach, powerful technologies and product education, ZO® brings a new perspective to traditional skincare.
ZO® provides comprehensive solutions for creating and maintaining healthy skin for anyone regardless of age, ethnicity, unique skin condition or skin type. From correcting sun damage + pigmentation to preventing + protecting against future damage, ZO® has your skin health covered.
• Founder and medical director of ZO Skin Health, Inc.
• Author, Obagi Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation (1999) and The Art of Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation: The Science of Clinical Practice (2015)
For more than 35 years, Dr. Zein Obagi, Board-Certified Dermatologist, has pioneered advanced skincare solutions based on his philosophy of creating healthy skin as opposed to merely treating disease and damage. His visionary approach has earned him an international reputation as a leading authority on skin health and rejuvenation. He is ranked among the world’s top experts on chemical peels and is highly skilled in treating skin of color, often tackling the most difficult cases from around the world.
Inspired by the legacy + breakthrough contributions of Dr. Obagi, ZO® Skin Health continues to redefine and advance the science of skin health.
The innovation continues
Focusing on strengthening the patient-physician relationship by providing comprehensive protocols for both in office and beyond. Their continuum of offerings are suitable for any patient, and support our guiding belief that skin health should be backed by science, rather than by trends.
Their commitment also extends to protecting you from accessing expired or fraudulent products sold by unauthorized ZO® retailers. We lead the industry with our Anti-Diversion efforts. For this reason, ZO® Skin Health products are only available through our Physician Online Store and our ZO® Authorized Physicians.
Oily skin is caused by an over-production of oil in the sebaceous glands. It is caused by many factors, but mostly due to hormonal imbalances, using an incorrect mixture of skincare products which then cause imbalances, or hereditary issues.
Since people with this skin type have an increased rate of sebum production they often experience trouble with blocked pores. This leads to both blackheads and pimples. Blackheads show up as small black dots on the skins’ surface, with the sebum manifesting deeper down in the pore. The black colour is caused by the skins’ own pigment being oxidised and the rest of the pores’ contents are old skin cells and sebum.
A common belief is that oily skin needs to be treated with products that dry your skin out. This is quite the opposite, oily skin needs gentle skincare with products that are designed to balance the skins’ sebum production whilst moisturising it. Dry skin can cause more oil to be produced as the skin tries to compensate for the lack of moisture.
- A mild moisturiser or gel is a good way to keep the skin hydrated without making it more oily.
- Deep cleansing the skin is fine, as long as it is done with mild products. Sometimes, depending on how your skin feels, just an astringent facial water can be enough.
- A good complement to your skincare routine are exfoliants that work to open up the blocked pores so that the sebum can easily be removed. Oily skin generally ages more slowly than dry skin because the sebum protects and naturally lubricates the skin.