Zo Skin Health [By Obagi]
Complexion renewal pads
Zo Skin Health [By Obagi] Complexion renewal pads helps to brighten skin and clarify pores, calms and soothes irritation and is non-drying formulation.
- Glycolic Acid + Salicylic Acid: help to smooth, brighten and decongest skin
- Botanical extract blend: provides antioxidant and anti-irritant benefits to diminish the look and feel of visible redness
- Texture of pads: designed to offer non-abrasive smoothing benefits
How to use:
Gently wipe over face AM/PM after exfoliating, or as needed throughout the day.
WARNING: This product contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) that may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterward.
At ZO® Skin Health, they believe the only way to achieve skin health is through the power of science. With world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi as their legacy, ZO® Skin Health pushes the boundaries of medical-grade skincare. Combining our innovative approach, powerful technologies and product education, ZO® brings a new perspective to traditional skincare.
ZO® provides comprehensive solutions for creating and maintaining healthy skin for anyone regardless of age, ethnicity, unique skin condition or skin type. From correcting sun damage + pigmentation to preventing + protecting against future damage, ZO® has your skin health covered.
• Founder and medical director of ZO Skin Health, Inc.
• Author, Obagi Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation (1999) and The Art of Skin Health Restoration & Rejuvenation: The Science of Clinical Practice (2015)
For more than 35 years, Dr. Zein Obagi, Board-Certified Dermatologist, has pioneered advanced skincare solutions based on his philosophy of creating healthy skin as opposed to merely treating disease and damage. His visionary approach has earned him an international reputation as a leading authority on skin health and rejuvenation. He is ranked among the world’s top experts on chemical peels and is highly skilled in treating skin of color, often tackling the most difficult cases from around the world.
Inspired by the legacy + breakthrough contributions of Dr. Obagi, ZO® Skin Health continues to redefine and advance the science of skin health.
The innovation continues
Focusing on strengthening the patient-physician relationship by providing comprehensive protocols for both in office and beyond. Their continuum of offerings are suitable for any patient, and support our guiding belief that skin health should be backed by science, rather than by trends.
Their commitment also extends to protecting you from accessing expired or fraudulent products sold by unauthorized ZO® retailers. We lead the industry with our Anti-Diversion efforts. For this reason, ZO® Skin Health products are only available through our Physician Online Store and our ZO® Authorized Physicians.
Acne is an extremely common skin condition that appears on the face, chest, back or shoulders and is caused by an overproduction of sebum in these areas. Bacteria, called P. Acnes, spreads itself within the sebum and causes inflammation. Acne commonly shows up during puberty when the androgens (sex hormones) start to appear. They then stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce an excess of sebum. Acne can also occur later in life due to factors such as hormonal imbalances.
Excess sebum combined with inadequate exfoliation of old skin cells is what causes blockages within your follicles and leads to blackheads. Very oily skin also tends to have an excess of bacteria that can cause inflammation within the blocked follicles, which leads to pimples. These types of inflammation can be much deeper which can lead to cysts.
There are times that acne is bad enough to require medical treatment in order to control the situation and reduce the risk of scarring. Furthermore, medicinal treatment such as retinoids, benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics also run the risk of causing sun sensitivity in your skin.
Having a proper skin care routine can help the skin to maintain balance, soothe inflammation, strengthen the skins’ barrier and protect against scarring. By controlling sebum production, increasing cell renewal, fighting bacterial infections and reducing inflammation you are well on your way to reducing symptoms that can cause new breakouts, without drying your skin.
Be sure to avoid squeezing your spots whenever possible, as doing so can cause the acne bacteria to spread and cause more breakouts. Inflamed, acne prone skin scars more easily or goes through pigment changes after you have squeezed the spot. UV light can stimulate inflammation in the skin which causes further outbreaks so be sure to use UV protection on a daily basis. Avoid hard scrubs that can spread acne bacteria around your face instead of cleansing it correctly, which accelerates the inflammation. A better alternative are acids that gently exfoliate from deep within. If you find yourself suffering with inflamed acne then it is recommended that you complement this with soothing products and be sure to thoroughly moisturise afterwards.
Ingredients to look out for
- BHA (salicylic acid) has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and is fat soluble, meaning it is well suited for more oily skin with blocked pores. It has the ability to exfoliate deep within the pores which dissolves the blockage because if this is left untreated, it would lead to inflammation of the skin.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) reduces the skins’ inflammation risk, inhibits the acne bacteria p. acnes and helps reduce scarring and discolouration.
- Antioxidants help protect the skins’ cells against free radicals and prevents inflammation and redness.
- Mandelic acid is an AHA acid which is known for its antibacterial properties as well as its exfoliating effect.
- Azelaic acid is an antibacterial antioxidant that soothes irritations in the skin and helps to control sebum production.
- Retinol is a more mild form of the prescription vitamin A medication tretinoin. In most cases it can be tolerated by even the most sensitive skin types. It works to control sebum production and repairs the skin.